Director of Manufacturing (Aerospace) - Dynamic Fast-Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Aerospace companies in California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A dynamic, fast-growing and highly innovative Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions.
- With almost 35 years in business, the company has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA with that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities you will find.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense as well as commercial industries.
- Employs 300+ of most talented people around, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Generous Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 40 hours of PTO immediately upon hire,10 paid holidays plus new PTO program
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
Seeking a Director of Manufacturing responsible for planning, directing, and controlling manufacturing policies, programs and systems associated with fabricating and building prototypes through full rate production products for the company. As the Director of Manufacturing you will Ensure that the operations and facilities have the production capabilities and resources required to meet current and future program needs. Responsible for on-time delivery of high-quality products and services that meet all contractual requirements and business objectives.
If you are looking for a hands-on leadership position with a fast growing and dynamic aerospace company working on cutting edge technology, then please read on!
More great opportunities to excel?
- Direct all directorate product realization activities and ensures timelines and quality standards are achieved
- Provide daily direction and coordination of assembly, test, and material inventory management for multiple avionics product lines
- Transition research into products and participates in project commercialization activities
- Write proposals and assist direct reports with proposal writing
- Lead and manage multiple SBIR and non-SBIR projects
- Develop organization capability to meet strategic and operational requirements
- Coordinate projects, BAA, RFP and RFQ submissions and works with proposal development center and with engineering management personnel, marketing personnel and customer representatives (including auditors)
- Support quality and other process-oriented certification efforts as necessary
- Conduct performance appraisals
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located right on the ocean and next to Redondo Beach. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
LOCATION: Torrance, CA
- Expertise in coordination of assembly, test, and material inventory management for multiple avionics product lines
- 10+ years related work experience, including 5 or more years of group engineering, line management and project management work
- Familiar with Transition research into products and participates in project commercialization activities
- Experience and ability to generate, maintain and follow a budget, set and maintain project schedules of production operations, all without appreciable supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Aerospace, or Quality Assurance or Master's Degree in Engineering, Aerospace, or Quality Assurance
US Citizen Required