Construction Superintendent/PM - LAUSD LA Tech Project
Work for a well-respected general contractor with a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
As Construction Superintendent/PM for LAUSD Project at LA Tech
- Our most valuable resource is our people, who carry forth the company's traditions, values, and long-standing reputation for performance. We invest the time and energy to recruit, train and develop the best talent in our industry.
- Nearly half of the 100+ employees have worked at the company for more than five years. This type of mutual commitment is virtually unparalleled in the industry.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
Project Description: Design-Bid-Build 4 story, 180,000 GSF cast in place concrete Construction Technology Building at the Los Angeles Trade Tech College. Scope includes lab classrooms, offices, equipment yard, simulation laboratory areas, roof top teaching areas and 4 elevators (one freight to allow forklift travel).
Individuals must possess strong leadership abilities and be responsible for managing subcontractors and suppliers, cost monitoring, scheduling and problem solving. Ability to track subcontractors' progress on the job, maintain the project schedule and coordinate with various agencies for reporting and compliance with project documents and specifications, Ability to manage field crew, layout and be responsible for quality control, Manage project safely, Provide on-site coordination of manpower, materials, equipment and site logistics, Effectively manage job site challenges such as weather conditions or emergencies. Must work well with DSA Inspectors.
- 10+ years construction experience LAUSD Projects of approximately $100Mil
- Strong experience in commercial kitchen / dining hall / food service construction
- Current state driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain base access.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Basics skills in using various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Procore.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- LAUSD Large Scale Construction Projects
- Familiarity with LAUSD specific facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
- Experience working on LAUSD campuses
LA Technical College. 400 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015