Research Scientist for Advanced Sensors - Innovative Fast Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 140 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists and other highly accomplished engineers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you an experienced Engineer or Research Scientist that has a passion for transforming concepts into functional prototypes with the goal of going to production?
Yes?, Great! Please Read on!!
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Research Scientist
for the Company’s Integrated Sensors Group, and they specialize in the development and productization of advanced integrated sensor systems for tactical, vehicle, and maritime applications.
Yes, mostly military customers.
Here is what you get to do:
- Lead the conceptualization, architecture, development, and implementation of state-of-the-art sensor systems, including simulating, prototyping, testing and validating.
- Conduct fundamental and applied research and apply established and emerging techniques to deliver solutions to our customers’ most challenging needs.
- Apply experience in using programming, modeling, and simulation tools (e.g. SolidWorks, COMSOL, MATLAB/Simulink).
- Collaborate with technical team in selecting, evaluating, and developing components/devices/systems for specific applications.
- Provide technical write-ups related to system hardware and software solutions on bids and proposals (e.g. Small Business Innovation Research – SBIR).
- Partner with vendors/representatives to ensure the requirements/specifications are understood and addressed.
- Present technical concepts and designs to Senior Management and customers.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located right on the ocean and next to Redondo Beach. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
Location: Torrance, CA
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
- 5+ years of hands-on and practical advanced sensor design and development to solve challenging problems for unattended field operations.
- Experience with in-situ sensing technologies, such as weather, air quality, LIDAR, RADAR, and/or acoustic sensing.
- Experience contributing and lead multiple programs simultaneously, achieving required results on time and on budget.
- Experience working in a military environment is a plus.
- Master of Science in Applied Physics, Chemistry, or Electrical Engineering, with hands-on development and implementation experience. (Ph.D. preferred)