Electrical Engineer, Embedded Systems - Innovative Fast Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 140 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists and other highly accomplished engineers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you an Electrical Engineer with experience with Embedded Systems and looking for a new challenge with career growth?
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
Do you love to be a hands on engineer with a passion for end to end digital electronic prototyping?
Yes to both? Great! Read on!
What you get to do:
- Contribute and lead rapid prototyping including architecture design, development, and implementation of micro-controller and FPGA hardware and firmware solutions, including design, implementation, integration, and test of components, subsystems, and systems.
- Standardize video streaming and interface standards, imaging sensor interfaces and processing, DSP, communication, and control systems.
- Perform component and development board/kit selection, IP core selection and implementation, testing, validation, and troubleshooting.
- Interact with internal technical supporting team, technology vendors, and service providers in selecting, evaluating, and/or fabricating system components.
- Provide technical write-ups and documentation.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located right on the ocean and next to Redondo Beach. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
Location, Torrance, CA.
- Expertise and hands-on embedded communication system development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of experience with programming in C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink, and LabView (experience in translating algorithms to HDL/Verilog - a plus), FPGA tools (e.g., Xilinx ISE, Altium Quartus), and ECAD tools for schematics and PCB layout (e.g., EAGLE, Altium Designer, OrCAD).
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge in design, test, evaluation, analysis and certification of system, hardware and software architecture and communication protocols.
- Experience preparing winning proposals (academic or corporate) with accurate costing and planning data.
- RF and mixed-signal design knowledge is a plus.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Physics (master’s degree a plus)