We are seeking a highly motivated HMI/UI/UX Software Engineer for Corporate Operations Department with a fast-growing Southern California high tech company located in Torrance, CA who specializes in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions.
You will be responsible for delivering a user interface for use in flight test and flight operations, and you will enable engineering testing and commercial operations. Successful members of the team have a rigorous design mindset with an eye towards Human Machine Interface (HMI) considerations, as well as demonstrated project delivery experience.
- Develop UI/UX design of the pilot display system
- Create UI elements for use in flight operations
- Create documentation on pilot station responsibilities and actions.
- Author requirements based on HMI considerations, design iterations, regulatory requirements, user feedback
- 3+ years experience in human factors, specifically for human/machine interface design
- Experience designing UI elements
- Ability to lead the evaluation of crew interface systems in a flight test environment, including identification of problems, coordination of resolutions and delivery of a revised product
- Experience in aviation
- Experience with VAPS/VAPS XT or other tools to create ARINC 661 compliant displays
- Experience delivering certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Key terms : avionics, cockpit, displays, embedded, graphics, C++, Linux, HMI