Finance Manager (FP&A) – Growing Defense Company
Work for a 30 years established and growing Aerospace-Defense companies in California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
Full time on site role.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A dynamic, fast-growing and highly innovative privately held small business headquartered Southern California.
- Company builds mission configurable, light, fast, agile, all-terrain vehicles capable of internal transport in rotary and tilt wing aircraft. Designed to specification for US Special Operations, US Army light forces, and global allies
- Located in Los Angeles, CA minutes from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Employing over 80 of the most talented people in the industry
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Seeking a self-driven, highly motivated FP&A manager. In this critical role, you will be responsible for providing meaningful financial forecasts and reporting for management, the Board of Directors, Regulators and Financial Institutions. This data provides actionable insights, relevant analysis, and associated recommendations to drive desired business outcomes.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k with matching
- Paid holidays and paid “Employee Appreciation Days” throughout the year
Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) is a set of planning, forecasting, budgeting, and analytical activities that support a company’s major business decisions and overall financial health.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working under limited supervision, drives and leads continuous improvement in FP&A business processes, and collaborates cross functionally with a variety of individuals across all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate has a passion and ability to focus on the important business details driving key financial metrics (indirect expense, earnings, cash flow, orders, revenue) while continually assessing reasonableness, understanding why something changes, and determining how to achieve desired business results.
Ideal candidates will have prior industry experience with defense and aerospace manufacturing. Must have a firm understanding of DoD contracting types, policies, and practices, including government-based major system requirements.
Highly visible role supporting the senior management of the organization to include the CEO and COO.
- Develops financial statement forecasts including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow. Understands the drivers behind these financial statements and then sustains the processes, tools, and data models to develop timely and accurate forecasts.
- Work closely with program finance and accounting to develop processes, models, and inputs for financial forecasting, including overhead, sales, profit, operating income and free cash flow.
- Leads the preparation of financial forecasting reports and deliverables, as well as coordinating the responses to ad hoc financial requests and reports.
- Responsible for annual Forward Pricing Rate Proposal and management and tracking of indirect rates.
- Leads monthly forecast review (MFR) with balance sheet and P&L responsibility.
- Flexibility in addressing ad hoc financial analysis through advanced MS Excel knowledge to complete a variety of business modeling requirements.
- Leads indirect budgeting, overhead, and rate modeling for the business site, providing accurate historical and forecast data. Provides timely budget data and reporting to understand overhead cost and meet budget requirements.
- Prepare meaningful weekly financial metrics to track key performance indicators to take early action.
- Analyzes data for reasonableness and appropriateness, questioning data and teaming with others to understand the information and improve sources of information.
- Develops tools, templates, and processes to simplify ways of gathering data and preparing reports, while also ensuring the information gathered is relevant and at an appropriate level of detail.
- Drives understanding of variances and then works with appropriate individuals to identify corrective actions, risks, or opportunities resulting from those variances.
- Prepare impactful presentations, succinct analysis, and communicate relevant and actionable details; involve appropriate stakeholders to take action.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling work to meet specified objectives internal, sector, segment and corporate requirements and deadlines.
- Assist with Cost Accounting and Program Finance functions to include program costs and inventory costing.
- 5+ years of financial planning and analysis (FP&A) Experience. Including Financial Modeling and Forecasting.
- 5+ years cost accounting experience.
- Familiar with general accounting principles with month end close experience a plus
- Advanced level proficiencies in MS-Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookups, Formulas)
- Experience with inventory and ERP Systems, Infor Syteline (www.infor.com) experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA Degree a plus)
- Experience working for an Aerospace or Defense industry, prime or major subcontractor is a plus
- Must be able to work on site, M-F.