Manufacturing Supervisor (Rotating 12 hr Shifts) – Innovative Manufacturing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic companies in the area. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
Job Days Worked: Rotating 12 Hour Schedule
Job: Hours From: 6:00 PM Hours To: 6:00 AM
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- 800 person manufacturing facility with its US Headquarters in Lawrenceville, GA.
- A place where employees can achieve personal and professional growth and satisfaction.
- Great career opportunity to work for a large international manufacturing company with excellent benefits
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you looking for a new challenge with an innovative and well-established manufacturing company?
- Health: Choice of medical and dental plans, as well as vision coverage to fit your needs
- Prepare for the Future: Company offers employees a 401(k) savings plan with matching company contribution. Offering company-paid and voluntary disability and life insurance benefits to help employees when the unforeseen happens.
- Life: Paid holidays, vacation and sick time, as well as tuition reimbursement, discounts to local attractions, employee assistance programs, and more.
Yes? Please read on!
We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Production Supervisor who is experienced operating and able to support the company with a highly automated manufacturing operations setting. You will oversee the daily work activities of 2nd Shift operators, troubleshoot production/quality problems, and maintain daily production records and progress reports.
Other great things you get to do:
- Model the “safety first” behaviors we expect of all employees by ensuring that operational procedures and processes are performed safely and provide a safe work environment.
- Plan daily operations and make routine adjustments to work assignments, production processes, and equipment to meet production schedules and targets.
- Provide production support by troubleshooting production problems and/or product quality issues involving manufacturing processes.
- Investigate and determine the root cause of failures and problems and recommend countermeasures or changes, collaborating with Maintenance, Engineering and QC
- Participate in the testing and implementation of new products into production, including monitoring process and gathering data on results.
- Analyze production data and identify trends, problems, and opportunities for improvement.
- Supervise the work performance of hourly employees, which includes giving daily work direction, training and coaching for development, conducting performance appraisals, monitoring attendance, and administering disciplinary action as needed.
- Conduct tours of production area to provide management support for problem resolution and policy compliance, and ensure work instructions, company policies, quality and safety standards are followed at all times.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties which include developing procedures, forms, and presentations; generating daily production and quality reports and statistics; reconciling inventory; and promoting and guiding employees' participation in Kaizen, safety circle, and 5S activities.
- Lawrenceville is a growing town with good schools
- Active community with lots of activity to do for all ages
- The area boasts of low unemployment and affordable housing
- Located approximately 30 miles Northeast of Atlanta Metro Area and approximately 45 minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Expertise knowledge of manufacturing operations processes and procedures.
- 3+ years supervisory experience in continuous processing manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading a team of 10+ operators highly preferred.
- Experience in thermal ribbon, slitting, chemical applications, paper applications and/or high-speed, continuous manufacturing operations required
- Experience with continuous improvement/process improvement teams preferred.
- Must have good problem-solving/troubleshooting and communication (verbal and written) skills, along with demonstrated positive leadership skills with experience in team building/motivating practices to support company initiatives.
- Must have working knowledge of manufacturing operations processes and procedures, along with attention to detail and good math skills to calculate yields, variances, material and labor costs.
- Good project management and multi-tasking skills required
- Must have MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills at intermediate level.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and Technical certification in related field preferred.
- Work 6 pm - 6 am, 12-hr rotating schedule,over-time and some holidays required