Senior Electronic Systems Design Engineer – Innovative Fast-Growing Aerospace/Defense Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced product development, focused on innovation and thorough testing and qualification.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 140 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists, highly accomplished engineers and accomplished industry professionals.
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- 10 paid holidays
- 160 (20 days) + 40 hours immediately upon hire.
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance available
Looking for an exceptional Senior Electronics Systems Engineer
to join the company’s Display and Visualization team, which designs ruggedized systems for airborne and ground applications. As part of the team, you will work alongside experienced research scientists and engineers to develop and guide the conceptualization of novel customer-requested solutions.
Do you Enjoy the freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded?
If so, this may be the position for you.
Some of the things you will get to do:
- Innovate and build novel technologies based on integration of cutting-edge optical, electrical, mechanical, and software technologies
Current projects that you could contribute to and help lead:
What you will bring:
- Next generation cockpit display development
- Modular Open System Architecture electronic systems
- Embedded Artificial Intelligence electronics design
Excellent circuit board design experience, FPGA Experience and if you have aviation displays experiences that is a plus.
More of what you will do:
- Deriving, developing and documenting detailed electronic hardware specifications from higher-level system specifications and user/customer requirements
- End-to-end hardware development (planning, designing, implementation, and testing/ benchmarking) in support of R&D and New Product Development
- Development of digital and mixed-signal electronic hardware architecture and designs leveraging latest advances in commercial-off-the-shelf embedded hardware solutions and development of custom hardware boards where necessary.
- Integration, testing and verification of hardware to documented hardware specifications including MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461
- System-level hardware and hardware-software integration with software teams
- Document hardware development in compliance with regulations (e.g. DO-254) as well as providing technical write-ups and descriptions to support bids and proposals.
- Work with government and non-government representatives to provide status updates, discuss design trade-offs, and coordinate demonstrations and test events.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the beaches of Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Expertise in circuit board design
- 5+ years of hands-on and practical systems engineering experience.
- Familiar with aviation/cockpit display development
- Proficiency and knowledge in concept to production cycle including design, test, evaluation, analysis and certification of system, hardware and software architecture.
- FPGA experience/background a plus
- Experience working in a military environment is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science with hands-on development and implementation experience (Masters preferred).