Business Development Director (DoD Programs) – Innovative Fast Growing Aerospace/Defense Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced product development, focused on innovation and thorough testing and qualification.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 140 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists, highly accomplished engineers and accomplished industry professionals.
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- 10 paid holidays
- 160 (20 days) + 40 hours immediately upon hire.
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance available
We are seeking an experience Business Development Professional to join our team! If you are a highly motivated individual with a successful track record developing small to medium size contracts within the Department of Defense (DoD) and enjoy being independent and consider yourself to be self-driven, then please read on!
As the Director of Business Development your focus will be on military and defense applications, which is the biggest part of the company’s client base. The ideal candidate would have 5-10 years of related experience with Environmental Monitoring Systems, such as weather, air quality, fluid monitoring, acoustic detection, LIDAR, RF (ISR), and other methods and applications of dynamic environment sensing or similar solutions supporting the U.S. Military.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the beaches of Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
- 10+ years of industry sales/business development experience
- 5+ years of recent knowledge of opportunity capture specific to the U.S. DoD across multiple branches of service.
- Demonstrated track record of bringing in contracts valued from $1M-20M+ on average for sale of product or product development with the military.
- Knowledge of conducting and directing competitive product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of service/agency needs and requirements
- Direct experience with electro-mechanical technologies/productions for military applications.
- 5+ years’ experience using Salesforce or similar CRM to actively manage a portfolio of many accounts and associated opportunities, is a plus.
- Practical understanding of product development, technology transitioning, and marketing/product planning for US military applications (a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree and/or MBA highly preferred.