Construction Superintendent Camp Pendleton – Respected San Diego GC
Work for a well-respected general contractor with a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
Our most valuable resource is our people, who carry forth the company's traditions, values, and long-standing reputation for performance. We invest the time and energy to recruit, train and develop the best talent in our industry.
Nearly half of the 100+ employees have worked at the company for more than five years. This type of mutual commitment is virtually unparalleled in the industry.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
As a Construction Superintendent at Camp Pendleton (pending start date 1 October)
you will provide overall on-site administrative and technical management on military buildings, living quarters, headquarters, etc. construction project site. Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives and other contractors, etc. Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day to day direction of onsite administrative staff in purchasing, accounting, etc.) Supervise craft employee/subcontractors as required by the contract. Requires former experience with Civil Engineering projects.
More of what you get to do:
- May authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment as required.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Perform additional assignments per Project Management direction.
- 10+ years construction experience
- 5+ years as superintendent on projects on sizable, relevant Military construction experience.
- Current state driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain base access.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Basics skills in using various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Procore.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Military construction experience with projects greater than $50Mil in size.
- Familiarity with military-specific facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
- Construction experience on related Bachelor Enlisted Quarters (BEQ) type construction projects
- Experience working on Marine Corps other DoD installations preferred.
Camp Pendleton, CA United States