Project Manager/Civil Engineering with TS / SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
Join the team of a growing Veteran Owned Small Business that provides critical support to the US Government. Where the mission and comradery are more than just slogans.
Location: Rosslyn, VA
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Company is a Virginia based; veteran owned small business.
- A Diverse Team that are all individually masters of their craft and come from highly respected career fields.
- A place where employees can achieve personal and professional growth and satisfaction.
- Great career opportunity to work for a growing company with excellent benefits
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (includes vacation, sick and personal)
- 401K with a 6% employer match, 100% vested immediately
- Health Care coverage provided to you and your family. Premium paid by Company
- Dental & Vision coverage provided to you and your family. Premium paid by Company
- Employee Life AD&D $100,000 policy provided
- Voluntary Life option to purchase additional Life insurance for yourself or even purchase an amount for your spouse or children
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Will & Legal Document Center
Works within the customer environment as part of a customer/contractor team performing as a principal engineering contributor to multiple discipline engineering projects. Reviews and interprets A/E construction documents and specifications. Serves as a technical liaison between Customer stakeholders and Sponsor’s design review personnel. Duties include:
- Participating in multiple aspects of design, development, production and editing of facility drawings.
- Providing guidance and training to customer and contractor personnel as to necessary information needed to acquire building permits.
- Conducting in house classes on the proper use of PowerPoint to develop engineering drawings. These are submitted for design review and eventual release and permitting.
- Maintaining drawing files, both electronic and paper copies, to ensure paper holdings are kept to a minimum and only relevant and most up-to-date files are available.
- Preparing and coordinating the pickup and transfer of classified destruction.
- Maintaining supplies needed for classified waste containment.
- Coordinating with Project Managers on issues of project planning timeline, adherence to productivity and progress of tasks.
- Assisting Project Managers with problem solving solutions and suggestion on productive approaches of completing large scale tasking.
- Providing follow-up to ongoing tasks to ensure projects are completed or plans are in place for their completion.
- Coordinating ongoing project task as a liaison between design teams, project contractors and product suppliers.
- Providing product purchase items data needed to complete task and providing material data sheets that are utilized to assist the engineers in making sound recommendation for large scale purchases.
- Properly preparing and wrapping documents and materials, in accordance with established guidelines, for classified shipment.
- Utilizing CAD equipment and other drawing software to produce design layouts and providing presentations that are utilized by program and project managers for briefing current/ongoing projects in order to accurately convey the details needed to provide insight to projects.
- Data Transfer Officer, responsible for providing support related to the handling of all electronic media associated with the program. Upon request of service, ensure that files are properly handled and their contents are treated at the level assigned. Ensure electronic storage materials are destroyed as required by established guidelines.
Additional responsibilities include being responsible for multiple functions related to program support, such as:
- Traveling as a member of the design/survey team to facilities that are in need of utility upgrade.
- Preparing document packages for site visits that assist and prepare the field engineers and providing them much needed information in regards to existing site conditions.
- Scanning, copying, and printing full size documents
- As requested converting existing files to PDF, TIFF and PowerPoint formats for multiple groups, this allows them to view files in a format that is available to them on their workstation.
- Ensuring all required documentation is collected and maintained upon completion of any major recap project.
- Attending Witness test of equipment systems, prior to shipment to site to ensure all is functional and operating as expected and required
- Ability to clearly articulate technical and non-technical subject matters, both verbally and in writing, to technical and non-technical Customer personnel;
- In-depth understanding of electrical engineering design and construction principles;
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering and architectural design and construction principles;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Willingness to work as required to get the job done on time and within budget.
- Up to 10% CONUS travel, as required. (approx. 2-3 domestic trips per year for periods of 2-3 days)
- 12+ years of experience with Bachelor of Science degree or 10 years with master’s degree in engineering or technical experience.
- Significant prior experience with Government contracting practices and procedures;
- Ability to develop gross design and construction cost estimates;
- Working knowledge of Department of State Overseas Buildings Operations office requirements and procedures.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Visio drafting software.
- Proficiency in customer’s Project Management Contract process.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including MS Project and Lotus Notes.
- Working knowledge of client’s communication applications for reporting to and from CONUS to OCONUS