Senior Systems Engineer with TS/SCI w/Full Scope Polygraph
Join the team of a growing Veteran Owned Small Business that provides critical support to the US Government. Where the mission and camaraderie are more than just slogans.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Company is a Virginia based; veteran owned small business.
- A Diverse Team that are all individually masters of their craft and come from highly respected career fields.
- A place where employees can achieve personal and professional growth and satisfaction.
- Great career opportunity to work for a growing company with excellent benefits
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Seeking an experienced senior level System Engineer
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (includes vacation, sick and personal)
- 401K with a 6% employer match, 100% vested immediately
- Health Care coverage provided to you and your family. Premium paid by Company
- Dental & Vision coverage provided to you and your family. Premium paid by Company
- Employee Life AD&D $100,000 policy provided
- Voluntary Life option to purchase additional Life insurance for yourself or even purchase an amount for your spouse or children
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Will & Legal Document Center
for a government agency in Herndon, VA.
Candidate must maintain a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a strong awareness of on-going IT projects, and business unit requirements; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for development efforts; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/ network systems and applications. Work involves developing and supporting end-to-end technical and cost analysis for projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for project control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status. Immediate response may be required to restore or maintain system functionality. Some CONUS and/or OCONUS travel may be required. Systems Engineer must possess Local Area Network (LAN) skills; ability to build servers, understand certificate authorities and integrate customer systems into enterprise.
Highly Desired Background:
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
- Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
- Email architecture, design and implementation experience include Lotus Notes / Domino and Microsoft Outlook / Exchange.
- Proficiency in scripting languages with a focus on PowerShell.
- Experience with McAfee product suite.
- 6+ years of experience and demonstrated strong performance as a Systems Engineer / Architect, developing or implementing information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Excellent presentation preparation, briefing skills and project management experience
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
- Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
- Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
- Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
- Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems.
- Secure remote mobile computing.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or with related job experience.
- Travel may be up to 10% CONUS/OCONUS