Vice President of Sales - Industry leading miller, exporter, and supplier of rice around the globe
Seeking an experienced sales professional with a rice or other similar commodity sales background. The ideal candidate has a background in military with worldwide supply and logistics experience.
Since 1917 we have been committed to providing our customers with the finest long grain rice, grown and milled right here in South West Louisiana. By utilizing the most technologically advanced milling and sorting equipment the industry has to offer, we are able to meet and exceed our customers most demanding specifications. Along with the quality of our products, the company is equally committed to our customers and their purchasing experience.
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Vice President of Sales & Sales Administration shall be responsible for development of strategy for direct sales activities, both inside and outbound, domestic and foreign. The position will supervise the entirety of the Sales staff and will provide for coaching, training and development of that staff. The position will additionally be responsible for reporting on sales activity/results to the General Manager and executive management team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an understanding of the rice industry and the dynamics of technical selling in this environment.
- Develop strategic plans for sales to identified segments of the volume rice purchasing client and prospect base, including, but not limited to, distributors, wholesalers, brokers, Private Volunteer Organizations (“PVO’s), US Government, etc.
- Retain and develop the Sales staff by example, coaching and mentoring. Design formal, cost-effective training regimens for the Sales staff. Insure professional presentation of FRM to the client, prospect and industry population.
- Insure prompt, accurate and complete reporting as to sales activity, success/failure, profit margins and other pertinent metrics. Instill discipline relative to consistent use of sales tracking software among the Sales staff.
- Audit completed contracts relative to proforma estimates.
- Earn a position of trust and respect among other members of the Management Committee at FRM, and be a contributor to team success.
- Natural optimism and positive leadership skills
- College degree in a relevant major
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Demonstrated training and mentorship skills
- Experience in sales of agricultural commodities strongly preferred
- Spanish language skills a definite plus