Firmware Engineer - Dynamic Fast-Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Aerospace companies in California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A dynamic, fast-growing and highly innovative Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions.
- With almost 35 years in business, the company has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA with that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities you will find.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense as well as commercial industries.
- Employs 300+ of most talented people around, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Generous Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 40 hours of PTO immediately upon hire,10 paid holidays plus new PTO program
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
The Firmware Engineer
will develop, create, and modify avionics related applications software and/or driver development. Create processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
Are you the type of experienced Firmware Engineer that has expertise in a broad set of engineering disciplines and can apply your expertise to troubleshoot challenges and improve effectiveness in the areas of embedded software and security?
If the answer is yes, then please read on!
Great news! This position may be hired as a Firmware Engineer or as a Sr. Firmware Engineer based on skills and qualifications.
More great opportunities to excel?
- You get to Design, develop, test, debug, and implements embedded software and systems
- Write software and firmware source code in C/C++, Embedded C, and other languages, while utilizing version control, simulation, debugging, and other development tools
- Analyze user needs and develop software and system level requirements as well as perform software and systems tests with quality
- You also will have the opportunity to collaborate cross functionally with other engineering disciplines and participate in the creation of software documentation for government CDRLs, from requirements to design and test.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located right on the ocean and next to Redondo Beach. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Expertise analyzing and fixing firmware and hardware issues from a system-level viewpoint
- Experience with Cryptography and Cybersecurity - a plus
- Familiar with Networking Protocols - a plus
- Knowledge of Linux Multimedia frameworks such as Gstreamer, ALSA and V4L2, a plus
- Exposure to avionics applications is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field