Assistant Construction Project Manager/Project Engineer – LA Trade Tech College
Work for a well-respected general contractor with a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Our most valuable resource is our people, who carry forth the company's traditions, values, and long-standing reputation for performance. We invest the time and energy to recruit, train and develop the best talent in our industry.
- Nearly half of the 100+ employees have worked at the company for more than five years. This type of mutual commitment is virtually unparalleled in the industry.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager/Project Engineer for a large-scale design to build project at LA Trade Tech College. You will plan, develop, coordinate, and manage onsite construction engineering activities for large, extensive projects. Manage project engineering and related personnel functions and activities. Includes personnel planning and administration, work assignments, wage increases/promotions, disciplinary actions, etc. Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
: LA Trade Tech (Los Angeles) 400 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Other things you get to do:
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents.
- Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings.
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Candidate must be able to pass a drug screening and background check.
- Four-year degree in Construction Engineering or similar degree.
- 2+ years related construction experience