Environmental Research Scientist Advanced Sensor Development – Innovative Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 140 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists and other highly accomplished engineers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
Are you an exceptional Research Scientist with experience in environmental/weather sensors?
Are you looking to join a great team and company for long term career enhancement?
Yes?! Great, please read on!!
Be part of team that conceptualizes and designs advanced integrated sensor systems for military tactical vehicles and maritime applications. As part of our team, you will work alongside other experienced scientists and engineers in a collaborative environment.
You will also get to:
Transform concepts into functional prototypes by partnering directly with our customers and leveraging the expertise of your colleagues, and share technology breakthroughs with the scientific community via publications and conferences.
- Write technologically ambitious proposals that seek to advance the field.
- Conceptualize rugged electro-mechanical sensor suites that provide customers with near real-time environmental (meteorology, oceanography, weather, flood, fire, etc.) situational awareness.
- Design and prototype more efficient solar and battery powered sensor systems.
- Advance Technology Readiness Level (TRL) for Internet of Things (IoT) communication links and more.
- Lead the conceptualization, architecture, development, and implementation of state-of-the-art sensor systems, including simulating, prototyping, testing and validating.
- Conduct fundamental and applied research and apply established and emerging techniques to deliver solutions to our customers’ most challenging needs.
- Apply experience in using programming, modeling, and simulation tools (e.g. SolidWorks, COMSOL, MATLAB/Simulink).
- Identify and provide technical hardware and software solutions to meet customer needs through technical proposal writing (for both SBIR – Small Business Innovative Research and Internal Research & Development IR&D-funded efforts).
- Work directly with the customer or end-user to ensure the requirements/specifications are understood and addressed.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located right on the ocean and next to Redondo Beach. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
Location: Torrance, CA 90501
*U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency is required.
- 5+ years of hands-on and practical advanced sensor design and development to solve challenging problems for unattended field operations.
- Experience in using programming, modeling, and simulation tools (e.g. SolidWorks, COMSOL, MATLAB/Simulink).
- Experience with in-situ sensing technologies, such as weather, air quality, LIDAR, RADAR, and/or acoustic sensing.
- Experience working in a military environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of technical writing and/or proposal experience.
- Master’s of Science in Applied Physics or Electrical Engineering, with hands-on development and implementation experience (Ph.D. preferred).