Lead Electrical Engineer, Product Development - Innovative Fast Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 140 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists and other highly accomplished engineers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
We are seeking a motivated and skilled Lead Electrical Engineer, Product Development or Technical Lead
who is passionate about building innovative electronics that improve awareness, effectiveness, and safety of our end-users, from elite military forces to the general public. You’ll have the opportunity and responsibility to develop and bring to market intelligent, integrated sensor systems that operate in dynamic environments with military-grade ruggedness and precision and consumer-grade elegance and simplicity.
What You’ll Do:
- Design six-month proof-of-concepts, and prototype innovative solutions to our customers’ domestic and global challenges.
- Decide key technical design paths that will positively impact the growth of our product portfolio.
- Lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams through entire product life-cycles from conception to production.
- Work directly with our customers, face to face and remotely, through technical meetings, presentations, reports, and technology demonstrations.
- Deliver fully-functional, quality products on time and within budget that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Lead technical bid proposals to capture new development opportunities and expand existing ones.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located right on the ocean and next to Redondo Beach. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
*U.S. Citizenship is required. You must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance.
- 5+ years of rugged electro-mechanical systems design and/or R&D experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field, Master's preferred.
- Experience in integrated sensor development, RF communications, IoT devices, military and/or consumer product development and testing, and/or environmental sensing
- Creativity; strong problem-solving skills; excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in leading multiple projects simultaneously and meticulously tracking detailed contract requirements and milestones.