Senior Staff Software Engineer– Dynamic Growing Aerospace Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Aerospace companies in California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A dynamic, fast-growing and highly innovative Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions.
- With almost 35 years in business and over $110Mil and annual revenue the company has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA with that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities you will find.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense as well as commercial industries.
- Employing nearly 300 hundred of the most talented people; including many PhD level scientists and engineers around.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
Seeking qualified Staff Software Engineer to support to develop, create, and modify avionics related applications software and/or driver development. Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies, has in-depth expertise in software engineering applying his/her expertise to improve effectiveness in embedded software and audio/video development.
*Sr. Staff Software Engineer or upgraded to Principal Software Engineer based your qualifications.
More things you get to do:
- Write software in embedded-C
- Analyze user needs and develop software and system level requirements.
- Participate in the creation of software documentation for government CDRLs, from requirements to design and test
- Perform software and systems tests with quality
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the beaches of Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Expertise in C/C++ programming in Linux environment.
- 4 years of embedded Linux systems experience
- Familiar analyzing and fixing complex firmware and hardware issues from a system-level viewpoint.
- Experience with Linux Multimedia frameworks such as Gstreamer, ALSA and V4L2 is desired
- Experience with Networking Protocols a plus
- Experience with avionics applications is a plus
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Master’s in Computer Science a plus.