Automation Engineering Technician
Work for one of the most dynamic companies in area. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- 800 person manufacturing facility with his its US Headquarters in Lawrenceville, GA.
- A place where employees can achieve personal and professional growth and satisfaction.
- Great career opportunity to work for a large international manufacturing company with excellent benefits
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Health: Choice of medical and dental plans, as well as vision coverage to fit your needs
- Prepare for the Future: Company offers employees a 401(k) savings plan with matching company contribution. Offering company-paid and voluntary disability and life insurance benefits to help employees when the unforeseen happens.
- Life: Paid holidays, vacation and sick time, as well as tuition reimbursement, discounts to local attractions, employee assistance programs, and more.
The Patriot Group is hiring 1st shift Automation Engineering Technician to support the production process in manufacturing facility. Working closely with our engineering staff, the Engineering Tech will perform analysis and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment and improvement opportunities. The Engineering Tech will recommend possible modifications and implement approved recommendations.
- Model the “safety first” behaviors we expect of all employees by ensuring that operational procedures, equipment, and processes are designed to provide a safe work environment.
- Support all engineering projects
- Support production & maintenance downtime issues
- Implement equipment improvement activities
- Execute small projects
- Perform panel fabrication
- Perform PLC programming
- Program vision system
- Provide robotics support
- Perform electrical and some mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment.
- Dismantle, adjust, repair, assemble and rebuild equipment, electronic systems, circuitry, and computerized systems according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings. May perform routine maintenance of manufacturing and warehouse equipment according to manual.
- Assist in the training of new employees and aide employees with questions regarding work standards
- Lawrenceville is a growing town with good schools
- Active community with lots of activity to do for all ages
- The area boasts of low unemployment and affordable housing
- Located approximately 30 miles Northeast of Atlanta Metro Area and approximately 45 minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- At least 2 years of technical education
- At least 4 years of technical experience
- At least 2 years electrical, automation, and mechanical troubleshooting experience (i.e. PLC, robotics, vision systems).
- Experience in troubleshooting basic electrical circuit systems.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9000/ISO 14000 preferred
- Knowledge of A/C inverters and frequency drives
- Hydraulic and pneumatic repair skills.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code preferred