Research Scientist, Radio Frequency (RF) – Fast Growing Dynamic Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Aerospace companies in California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A dynamic, fast-growing and highly innovative Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions.
- With almost 35 years in business and over $110Mil and annual revenue the company has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA with that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities you will find.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense as well as commercial industries.
- Employing nearly 300 hundred of the most talented people; including many PhD level scientists and engineers around.
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you a Research Scientist or have the background to become one and you have a passion in modeling and simulations; and architect, design, prototype and test radar, communications, and electronic warfare devices and subsystems.
If yes, then this may be the job for you!
What you get to do:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
- Developing innovative ideas, preparing proposals, performing system-level design, developing prototypes and test setups, managing hardware and/or software development of RF systems, preparing technical reports.
- Seamlessly transition between multiple design and development assignments occurring simultaneously to ensure timely execution and delivery, coordinate collaborative efforts with multi-disciplinary project team members, explore new technological areas.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the beaches of Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Expertise: RF signal processing
- Experience: 3+ years hand-on experience in design, development, integration, prototyping, and test of RF/electromagnetic systems, which can include, but is not necessarily limited to, RF communications (including software-defined radio}, radar, electronic warfare, RF surveillance, and RF sensor systems; digital signal processing experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with: High level programming tools (e.g. MATLAB, LabVIEW) and/or languages (e.g. C++, Java), RF simulation tools (e.g. HFSS, CST, COMSOL, or similar). Familiarity with embedded systems programming (e.g. microcontroller, FPGA, RTOS) is a plus.
- Design: RF system design, including analog front end, mixed-signal electronics, digital signal processing algorithms; use of simulation tools and analysis to predict system-level and/or component-level performance; RF link analysis.
- Development: Software/firmware implementation of algorithms in state-of-the-art hardware targets (microcontroller, FPGA, multi-core CPU, GPU); familiarity with RF circuit design and development tools (e.g. SPICE, OrCAD, Multisim) is a plus .
- Master’s Degree (Ph.D Preferred) in Electrical Engineering, RF Engineering, System Engineering, Applied Physics, or a related field.