Test Engineer, Electronics – Fast Growing Dynamic Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Aerospace companies in California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A dynamic, fast-growing and highly innovative Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions.
- With almost 35 years in business and over $110Mil and annual revenue the company has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA with that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities you will find.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense as well as commercial industries.
- Employing nearly 300 hundred of the most talented people; including many PhD level scientists and engineers around.
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you looking for a new Electrical Test Engineering position with a company that cares about their employees and their career growth in the Aerospace Field?
Are you a practical problem-solver with thorough understanding of the using of various testing tools and equipment?
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
Yes, and YES?! Then please read on!
Exciting things you get to do…
- Develop, validate and support test systems to verify the performance of various electro/opto/mechanical and software-based systems.
- Ensure test systems comply with quality requirements, reliability, and regulatory compliance.
- Work with cross-functional development teams to ensure that products are designed to facilitate testability including qualification, verification and validation requirements.
- Develop, specify and/or procure test equipment that meets quality objectives, design margins and the needs of manufacturing.
- Develop and write test documentation such as compliance matrices; ATP’s, QTP’s, and FTP’s using test standards such as MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-704A, and MIL-STD-461F.
- Work independently under minimal supervision and guidance to perform tasks of substantial complexity and conduct testing activities on site and at testing contract facilities.
- Produce test reports and CDRL’s for contractual deliverables.
- Train/cross-train test and troubleshooting techniques with Production test team.
- Troubleshoot systems and circuit card assemblies using relevant electrical, mechanical, and analytical tools to identify root cause and resolve technical issues.
- Lead the troubleshooting activities. Investigate the cause of failures and fix the defect at top level assembly, sub-level assembly, PCBA board level, components, and or test equipment.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the beaches of Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Experience with mixed-signal Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) and system validation test development required.
- 1-2 years of complex manufacturing engineering and/or test engineering experience of electronic systems is desired.
- Excellent electronics troubleshooting skills. Ability to read and understand circuit and wiring diagrams, technical specifications and electronics test procedures
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes with the ability to work on multiple projects in a highly demanding environment.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of electronics test and analyzing equipment including oscilloscopes, analyzers, power supplies, meters and any other special electronics test equipment necessary for testing, analyzing and/or troubleshooting/repairing.
- Effective hardware and software debugging skills
- One or more of the following skills is desired: C, C++, Java, Python, Bash Script or LabView.
- PC software skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is required.