Sr. System Engineer, Prototyping and System Integration - Innovative Fast Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 140 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists and other highly accomplished engineers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you a skilled experienced Systems Engineer with a passion for prototyping and systems integration?
Then this may be the career for you.
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
As the Sr. System Engineer, Prototyping and System Integration
you will be responsible to significantly contribute to and lead the practical implementation and rapid prototyping of the image processing (real-time video-rate and post processing), machine vision, image and video-based machine learning for surveillance and visualization applications and imaging sensors/systems (hardware and software). This is a “hands-on” engineering position. You will also lead data acquisition, processing, analysis, electro-opto-mechanical assembly, and system integration.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct research and apply established/conventional/traditional and emerging techniques.
- Lead the architecture design, development, and implementation activities related to image processing software development.
- Apply experience in rapid prototyping, system integration, and/or using the modern programming, modeling, and simulation tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, Python, OpenGL and OpenCV libraries, COMSOL, ZEMAX etc.), processing algorithm/systems developments to contribute to R&D programs.
- Interact with technical team in selecting, evaluating, and/or developing hardware components, software applications, and packages for selected platforms.
- Work with government and non-government representatives to ensure the system integration and fielding requirements are understood and addressed.
- Provide technical write-ups related to system, hardware, and software development on bids and proposals.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located right on the ocean and next to Redondo Beach. This picturesque Southern California location opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- 3+ years of hand-on system development, prototyping, and implementation experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in EO/IR sensors (image/video processing development and implementation), remote sensing, embedded processors, mechanical/industrial design, algorithms implementation.
- Proficiency and knowledge in design, test, evaluation, and analysis of algorithms/software/hardware architecture.
- Experience using some of the following: Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, Python, OpenGL and OpenCV libraries, COMSOL, ZEMAX etc.)
- MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Physics, or Applied Mathematics (PhD a plus).