Engineering Director (Aerospace) - Dynamic Fast Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Aerospace companies in California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A dynamic, fast-growing and highly innovative Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions.
- With almost 35 years in business our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA with that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities you will find.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense as well as commercial industries.
- Employs < 300 talented people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- A generous employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager with a passion for engineering aerospace manufacturing and product lifecycle?
Yes, then please read on!
We are seeking a talented Director, Engineering. If you want to…you can and will oversee all phases of the product lifecycle to ascertain that products are developed, transitioned, and manufactured on schedule and within quality standards & cost objectives. The position will directly report to the VP and General Manager, wow sounds important!
Yes this is a very important role here which will also involve you interacting with general managers, technical directors, business development, and senior management.
Other fun things you get to do…
- Identify and recommend changes to improve productivity and reduce cost through design simplification, packaging and use of new tools to reduce testing time.
- Coordinate various ongoing technical development programs that may be ready for transitioning to production.
- You also get to initiate expansion of facilities, installation of capital equipment, repair and maintenance of returned products and also perform miscellaneous duties & projects as assigned and required.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the beaches of Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Expertise & hands on experience in small system development and transition to production
- 5+ years in years production experience
- Experience in writing RFI, RFP & RFQ responses based on specific technical requirements
- 3+ years of revenue/budget and P&L forecasting and execution
- Program management experience involving leadership and/or participation in program reviews and audits such as PDR, CDR, PCA, FCA, as well as system testing such as ATP, SITP, and ESS/EMI tests
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or Master’s in Electrical Engineering is preferred.