Electrical Power Systems Testing Technician - Military Veterans Wanted
Work for a dynamic power systems testing company. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable career opportunity – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- California’s Preeminent Power Systems Testing Service Company, providing technical and engineering services that will promote the safe, reliable and efficient use of electrical.
- Well Established in 1975 Power Systems Testing Company Supporting California State Wide Clients.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Seeking Power Systems Testing Field Technician to work out of the Livermore, CA Office.
- Health & Welfare benefits – Kaiser or Anthem policies available.
- Vision and Dental Insurance.
- Life insurance of $50,000.
- Long term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Nine paid holiday days
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- 48 hours sick days upon hire
Inspect, test and troubleshoot moderately complex electrical systems and associated apparatus. Operate all types of test instruments and have some experience in the operation and coordination of electrical systems. This position requires limited supervision.
- Perform all aspects of testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
- Perform inspection, testing and troubleshooting on switchgear and switchboards assemblies, transformers, cables, switches, circuit breakers, protective relays, instrument transformers (current and voltage), metering devices, regulating apparatus, grounding and ground-fault protection systems, rotating machinery (motors and generators), motor starters, motor control centers, direct-current systems (batteries and chargers), surge arresters, capacitors, reactors, outdoor bus structures, and automatic transfer switches.
- Perform system function tests.
- Perform troubleshooting using diagnostic test instruments (e.g. multimeters, power quality analyzers).
- Perform start-up services on electrical systems up through the 243kV class (ideally 500 kV class but not required).
- Accurately process project documentation and write complete, detailed field service reports using a computer.
- Maintain strong client relationships.
Military Candidates with a background (ie. Prime Power, Navy Nuke, Various Military Electricians, etc.)
Great position for Military Veterans, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists
- Expertise in electrical power systems and/or power systems testing
- 3+ years and Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Exposure to most types of switchgear testing through the 243kV (ideally 500 kV class but not required).
- Working knowledge and theoretical understanding of electrical power systems, and good aptitude for problem evaluation.
- Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and five years minimum same or similar work experience. OR High school education or equivalent and six years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Plus: Passed the NETA (National Electrical Testing Association) exam or the NICET Electrical Power Testing exam.