Director, Business Development, Army Programs - Fast Growing Dynamic Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and fastest growing Aerospace companies in California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A dynamic, fast-growing and highly innovative Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions.
- With almost 35 years in business our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA with that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities you will find.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense as well as commercial industries.
- Employing over three hundred of the most talented people; including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
Seeking an experienced and highly motivated Director, Business Development – Army Programs. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic “hands-on get-it-done” individual to contribute to the development of business of the highest importance to the future growth of the Corporation. The Director, Business Development – Army Programs will report to the Vice President, Business Development for Airborne Systems and be responsible for all aspects of the business development/capture lifecycle, from opportunity creation/ identification through to award, including customer relationship, opportunity identification, proposal generation and overall customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional that drives the business growth across company’s divisions focusing on Army Aviation and Ground Vehicle Program Offices and associated Tier 1 system integrators. The successful candidate will present a proven track record of action management of technically complex programs and engineering tasks, which are essential skills for developing business utilizing cutting edge technologies. The candidate must quickly assume leadership responsibility for capturing large size military programs as well as successful transition to program execution.
- Identification and capture of new business including Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Transition with focus on year over year revenue growth.
- Support strategic long-range planning, market analyses and forecast data for DoD and commercial market sector.
- Actively participate in the identification and qualification process of potential business opportunities to ensure alignment with company’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Lead capture and proposal team activities with a focus on customer requirements and budget, competitive intelligence and price-to-win analyses.
- Conduct customer engagements and customer call planning with the purpose of establishing critical trust with senior leaders of Army/Military avionics programs.
- Identification of strategic alliances, teammates and partners for key pursuit opportunities.
- Participate in relevant trade shows, industry days and seminars to stay abreast of customer strategies, goals and objectives.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for Foreign Military Sales of existing company’s products in compliance with current ITAR and US Export restrictions.
- Will be required to travel up to 50%.
- 10+ years’ experience with Army Aviation and/or Ground Vehicle Programs and Platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Avionics Engineering, Computer Science or similar with 10+ years of experience. Masters Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Development and/or Program Management experience in US Government avionics programs/systems with knowledge of ITAR and US Export restrictions.
- Familiar with technology transitioning, product/market development, and marketing/product planning for US military applications (preferably specific to avionics/mission systems programs).
- Knowledge of conducting and directing competitive product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of service/agency needs and requirements.
- Knowledge of proposal development/writing and basic contracting/negotiation skills.
- US Government Security Clearance (current or previous)
- Former Army Aviator is a plus