Technical Project Lead, Product Development – Innovative Fast Growing Company
Work for one of the most dynamic and innovative Research and Engineering companies in Southern California. With a great leadership team, incredible employee appreciation and undeniable chances to grow – look what we have to offer you!
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- A technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
- Exciting “Start up” Environment. Company started in February 2018 and is growing rapidly. Our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- Located in Torrance, CA that includes some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivering Tens of Millions of Dollars in products to clients in various state, federal as well as commercial industries.
- Employs over 130 awesome and talented people, including PhD level scientists and other highly accomplished engineers.
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Are you sick of what you are doing? Are you looking for a more exciting role?
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Relocation assistance available
If you are, then awesome then read further!
Are you someone that has a strong technical development background and have you considered moving into a more technical management-focused role that has a tremendous opportunity to grow your career into management roles?
Excellent then this could be a career opportunity for you.
We are looking for someone with strong customer interface and presentation skills because this will be essential to support regular communication with government customers as well as various internal support organizations.
As the Project Lead, Product Development you will be part of the company’s Products and Engineering Department, which specializes in advanced integrated sensor systems for tactical, vehicle, and maritime applications.
Sound like fun? Great here is what you get to do in this position:
- Lead and contribute to key technical designs for the company’s strategic programs.
- Coordinate and track engineering team development and process regularly through direct interaction with engineering staff.
- Lead primary aspects of customer communication, including status update meetings, technical reports and presentations, and technology demonstrations.
- Create and maintain project schedules throughout the project lifecycle to maintain alignment with contractual requirements and milestones.
- Coordinate proposal opportunities to capture new development programs that align with the department’s strategic growth path.
- Work with government and non-government representatives to ensure integration and fielding requirements are understood and addressed.
- Track and forecast project financials and work with the Director in support of meeting the department’s financial objectives.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the beaches of Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Expertise in a program management or engineering lead role in fast-paced engineering or R&D environment.
- 5+ years in a technical design role for rugged electro-mechanical systems.
- Exposure with government and/or military contracts
- Knowledge of technical concepts across a range of fields (mechanical, electrical, and production) in order to identify and mitigate programmatic risks.
- Ability to maintain a clear schedule picture of multiple projects simultaneously and to carefully track detailed contract requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering