Manufacturing Engineer III
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Seeking experienced Manufacturing Engineer III. In this vital role as a Manufacturing Engineer, you will support continuous process improvement initiatives and perform engineering assignments to develop, test, implement, and document manufacturing processes and methods required in manufacturing new and existing parts and/or products in accordance with product specifications, customer requirements, and quality standards, while also ensuring compliance to all required governmental laws and Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
*Minimum 5-7 years hands-on work experience*
If you thrive working in a fast-paced, challenging, and cross-functional environment and you are analytical, hands-on, and have the ability to follow-up on assignments/tasks, successful at producing processes and procedures for manufacturing methods, productivity improvements, achieving quality with cost-effective methods and reducing the impact of production on the environment then come join our Manufacturing Engineer team!
- Develop, test, implement and document a variety of routine to moderately complex operational sequences and processes in the manufacture of new and existing parts and/or products.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, process time and manpower requirements. Consolidate, document and present results for review.
- Troubleshoot a variety of routine to moderately complex production problems involving manufacturing processes.
- Investigate and determine the root cause of failures and problems. Recommend countermeasures or changes in processing methods.
- Conduct routine to moderately complex engineering trials and production process evaluations for manufacturing operations.
- Analyze production data and identifies trends, problems, and opportunities for improvement.
- Recommend process adjustments to improve product quality and manufacturing efficiency and reduce material and manpower costs.
- Create, write, and modify work process procedures.
- Conduct research, compile data and prepare reports. Prepare and deliver presentations.
- Prepare training materials and train key production employees and production supervisors on new work procedures and manufacturing processes.
- May design and purchase simple to moderately complex jigs and fixtures used in a small production project or portion of a larger project.
Qualified candidates will possess
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering required.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience with continuous process manufacturing engineering required. Industry experience in coating, paper, label, or chemical industries highly preferred.
- Ability to use engineering tools and principles to create a hands-on process solution.
- Working knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- Ability to communicate effectively to influence and motivate others, maintaining a persuasive and credible style at all levels of the organization
- Team-player with the ability to engage engineers, production staff, including operators and supervisors.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, follow-up, technical, written and oral communication and customer service skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with the ability to use statistical functions and data analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of office software and other application software used in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models. CAD software knowledge and/or experience, preferred
- Ability to work weekends when needed
- Knowledge with Allen Bradley PLC and/or Siemens PLC trainings, preferred
- Basic knowledge of 4M, 5S, ISO9000 and ISO14000 preferred.
- Experience using AS400 preferred
AA/M/F/VETERANS/Individuals with Disabilities, EOE, Drug-Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $93,000.00 /year