Senior Application Engineer
Location Torrance, CA
Join the ranks of a fast-growing Southern California high-tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Application Engineer to work in its Mission Systems Division. The successful candidate will provide engineering support of our products by utilizing his/her troubleshooting skills to resolve issues that arise during the product life cycle. He/She will have excellent communication skills, a team-oriented approach, an interdisciplinary outlook and strong self-motivation.
Must have at least 5+ years of relevant electro-mechanical experience
- Provide support to development teams to trouble shoot products during development, qualification, integration, and ground/flight-testing of these products, including collection of data during testing.
- Performs troubleshooting of products on an integration rig or aircraft on-site
- Work closely with engineers and customers to coordinate issues and resolve moderately complex hardware and software interface problems
- Assist in creation of documentation, process engineering change proposals (ECPs) and resolve technical issues associated with customer returns
- Provide on-site training to customers for usage of company's products as needed
- Track all customer reported issues and manage closure to all issues
- Provide technical information to customers to resolve any reported issue
- MS Degree(s) in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and/or 5+ years of relevant electro-mechanical experience
- Demonstrates advanced troubleshooting skills
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of aircraft systems and their avionics interfaces
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of aircraft data acquisition methods
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office, including desired familiarity with Cadence, Creo, AutoCAD and MS Visio
- Demonstrates ability to use embedded operating systems such as Linux and RTOS such as Green Hills Integrity (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
DOD security clearance preferred. Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).