FPGA ENGINEER - This full time position is based in Torrance, CA. Relocation assistance is available.
- A fast-growing and highly innovative Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions.
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
Seeking a FPGA Engineer for the company's Products & Engineering Division. The successful candidate will architect and code firmware for military radio frequency systems, sensor systems, avionics, control systems, and/or other innovative technological solutions.
- Coding of software applications/firmware to be embedded in electronic hardware and execution of firmware-hardware and software-firmware integration.
- Development and documentation of detailed FPGA firmware specifications based on features, capabilities, and requirements of the user/customer.
- Analysis and resolution of complex system-level software-firmware-hardware integration issues.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Experience coding in VHDL, C, C++, and other object oriented languages
- Preferred - 5+ years of experience in direct hands-on development of firmware for FPGAs/SoCs (preferable Xilinx FPGA Ultrascale families)
DOD Security clearance is highly-preferred.