FPGA ENGINEER - This full time position is based in Torrance, CA. Relocation assistance is available.
A fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions is seeking a FPGA Engineer for its Products & Engineering Division. The successful candidate will architect and code firmware for military radio frequency systems, sensor systems, avionics, control systems, and/or other innovative technological solutions.
- Coding of software applications/firmware to be embedded in electronic hardware and execution of firmware-hardware and software-firmware integration.
- Development and documentation of detailed FPGA firmware specifications based on features, capabilities, and requirements of the user/customer.
- Analysis and resolution of complex system-level software-firmware-hardware integration issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Experience coding in VHDL, C, C++, and other object oriented languages
- Preferred - 5+ years of experience in direct hands-on development of firmware for FPGAs/SoCs (preferable Xilinx FPGA Ultrascale families)
DOD Security clearance is highly-preferred.