SENIOR HARDWARE ENGINEER - DEFENSE/AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Senior Hardware Engineer, working within the Integrated Systems Division, will play a critical role in successfully providing support in the efforts to design, develop, and modify both analog, and digital electronics hardware for avionics, surveillance, and sensor systems.
- Development and documentation of detailed electronics hardware specifications derived from system specifications, and requirements of the customer.
- Execution of hardware-development including: planning, designing, implementing, and testing/benchmarking on-going programs.
- Development of analog and digital electronic hardware architecture and designs, leveraging novel advances in commercial off the shelf embedded hardware solutions.
- Development of custom hardware boards as needed
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, or a related technical field required. Master’s Degrees preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience developing electronic hardware for avionics, surveillance, and/or sensor systems (Hardware for Sensor control, data processing, data concentration, and data storage)
- Experience designing electronics hardware with Xilinx FPGAs
- Hands-on experience producing custom electronic hardware and electronics packaging
- Strong knowledge of circuitry design and schematics (i.e. ORCAD, PCAD, etc.)
- Candidate will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance (requirements include: U.S. Citizenship, ability to clear background check)