A fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions has an immediate opportunity for a Team Leader. The Team Leader reports directly to the VP and General Manager, Mission Systems and is responsible for supporting the VP in providing technical leadership and ensuring the technical integrity of the Mission Systems division’s programs. This includes all aspects of the program and ensures all requirements are defined and met.
Additionally, this position will assist the VP, Mission Systems in the following areas: Act as the primary technical interface to the customer and customer engineering organization, be responsible for the technical elements of SOWs, proposals, deliverables, and oversee all Mission Systems Division engineering activities, including concept formulation, preliminary design, detailed design, system modification, hardware/software development, and system testing. This position will also assist in the management of day-to-day operation of the Mission Systems engineering organization.
- Lead the strategic and tactical direction for the Mission Systems Division, including architecture, design, implementation, and full hardware/ software development life cycle.
- Hire, develop and manage a team that will work closely with customers and cross-functional teams to derive requirements, architect, design, implement and test hardware/software systems using Integrity, Linux, VxWorks, and other operating systems. In addition to assisting with hardware design the team will also define and develop the OS BSP/drivers and middleware.
- Drive customer engagement and create strategic partnerships that foster growth of the overall Mission Systems business.
- Accountable for timely execution and successful delivery of new products and ensure technical specifications and meet customer needs/requirements.
- Initiate and compose technical proposals, and review proposals written by others.
- Ensure development and communication of all pertinent documentation, such as CRD, SOW, Release Notes, etc.
- Lead/mentor team in completing their assignments, and coordinate assignments with other project team members.
- Ensure the accuracy/appropriateness of all work products from activities and team members.
- Ensure project development plans are realistic and address risks.
- Work with customers and direct team to solve field problems, and to participate in field testing.
- Provide and support technical liaison between customers, engineering, and other non-engineering functional groups.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hardware, Software, and Firmware Systems experience with a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree
- Strong background in avionics development as well as program management
- Hands on technical experience in software, hardware, and firmware engineering
- Thought leader in the Mil/Aero industry with proven success in wining new business and growing a product line - experience writing and winning proposals a plus!
- Knowledgeable of DO-178B or DO-254 flight safety
- Must be of high integrity with mature management and organizational skills who consistently builds effective relationships.
- Will support/mentor cross-functional teams.
- Possess an open, honest and collaborative style.
- Experience leading organizations through change and embracing new ways of working while delivering outstanding business results
- Candidate will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity in designing system software for PPC, ARM and x86 based platforms
- Familiarity with hardware design, block diagrams and schematics
About the Company:
What makes this a great place to work? A company of smart, curious, and driven individuals, with a culture that is fast paced, diverse, and innovative. A place where people come from different backgrounds and experiences to come to do their best work. Companyoffers its employees a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, life, disability, employer contributed 401k, tuition assistance, generous vacation benefits and much more. It’s not just a job. It’s a career and a path to the future. You will be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching, and mentorship.
We are located inTorrance, CA and relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
Before applying, please note:
This position can be hired as a Team Leader or Group Leader, DOE.
DOD security clearance preferred. Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).