Avionics Application Engineer II
Join the ranks of a fast-growing Southern California high-tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions has an immediate opportunity for an Avionics Application Engineer II to work in its Applied Technologies Division.
The successful candidate will provide engineering support of our avionics products by utilizing his/her troubleshooting skills to resolve issues that arise during the product life cycle. He/She will have excellent communication skills, a team-oriented approach, an interdisciplinary outlook and strong self-motivation.
- Provide support to development teams to trouble shoot functional avionics units during development, qualification, integration, and ground/flight-testing of these products, including collection of avionics data during testing.
- Performs troubleshooting of avionics products on an integration rig or aircraft on-site
- Work closely with engineers and customers to coordinate issues and resolve moderately complex hardware and software interface problems
- Assist in creation of documentation, process engineering change proposals (ECPs) and resolve technical issues associated with customer returns
- Provide on-site training to customers for usage of POC products as needed
- Track all customer reported issues and manage closure to all issues
- Provide technical information to customers to resolve any reported issue
- MS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Physics or a related discipline
- Demonstrates advanced troubleshooting skills on most avionics issues
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of all aircraft systems and their avionics interfaces
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of aircraft data acquisition methods
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office, including desired familiarity with Cadence, Creo, AutoCAD and MS Visio
- Demonstrates ability to use embedded operating systems such as Linux and RTOS such as Green Hills Integrity
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
About The Corporation:
What makes us a great place to work? We are a company of smart, curious, and driven individuals. Our culture is fast paced, diverse, and innovative. POC is a place where people come from different backgrounds and experiences to come to do their best work.
Company offers its employees a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, life, disability, employer contributed 401k, tuition assistance, generous vacation benefits and much more. It’s not just a job. It’s a career and a path to the future. You will be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching, and mentorship.
Before applying, please note:
DOD security clearance preferred. Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).