High Tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions is seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist for its Cognitive Systems Division.Our ideal candidate will propose new ideas in bids and proposals; perform modeling and simulations; and architect, design, prototype and test RF/software-defined radio (SDR) devices and subsystems.
- Developing innovative ideas, preparing proposals, performing system-level design, developing prototypes and test setups, managing hardware and/or software development of RF systems, preparing technical reports.
- Track and perform to fast-paced program schedules to ensure timely execution and delivery.
- Coordinate and communicate with supervisor and among the program team members.
- Seamlessly transition between multiple design and development assignments occurring simultaneously to ensure timely execution and delivery, coordinate collaborative efforts with multi-disciplinary project team members, explore new technological areas.
- Education:Advanced degree (Ph.D Preferred) in Electrical Engineering, RF Engineering, System Engineering, Applied Physics, or a related field.
- Expertise:Radio Frequency Electromagnetics
- Experience:3+ years hand-on experience in design, development, integration, prototyping, and test of RF/electromagnetic systems, which can include, but is not necessarily limited to, RF communications (including software-defined radio), radar, electronic warfare, RF surveillance, and RF sensor systems; digital signal processing experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with:High level programming tools (e.g. MATLAB, LabVIEW) and/or languages (e.g. C++, Java), RF simulation tools (e.g. HFSS, CST, COMSOL, or similar). Familiarity with embedded systems programming (e.g. microcontroller, FPGA, RTOS) is a plus.
- Design:RF system design, including analog front end, mixed-signal electronics, digital signal processing algorithms; use of simulation tools and analysis to predict system-level and/or component-level performance; RF link analysis.
- Development:Software/firmware implementation of algorithms in state-of-the-art hardware targets (microcontroller, FPGA, multi-core CPU, GPU); familiarity with RF circuit design and development tools (e.g. SPICE, OrCAD, Multisim) is a plus .
- Integration:Hands-on laboratory skills in assembly and integration of RF systems; additional electronic software/hardware integration is a plus.
- Testing:Use of test equipment such as power supplies, signal generators, mixed signal oscilloscope, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
- Writing/Documentation:Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and experience in technical writing to produce documentation.
About the company:
What makes it a great place to work? We are a company of smart, curious, and driven individuals. Our culture is fast paced, diverse, and innovative. A place where people come from different backgrounds and experiences to come to do their best work. Offering employees a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, life, disability, employer contributed 401k, tuition assistance, generous vacation benefits and much more. It’s not just a job. It’s a career and a path to the future. You will be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching, and mentorship.
Before applying, please note:
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).