Software Engineer - Defense/Aerospace Industry
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Working within the Integrated Systems Division, this Software Engineer will play a critical role transitioning software prototypes into production code, preparing technical documentation, and working to develop novel technologies and engineering projects.
- Application software and graphical user interface development for a wide variety of engineering/scientific applications such as radar, sensors, data fusion/analysis, terrain analysis, anomaly detection
- Research innovative software design and implementation of reusable software and rapid prototyping
- Preparation of technical documentation for hardware, software, and firmware
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field. Master’s Degrees a plus
- 2+ years software development and R&D
- Experience using tools such as Eclipse, Version Control Systems Qt, Visual Studio, debuggers, databases on Linux and Windows platforms as well as design, development and unit/system level testing for software based on libraries such as OpenCV, R, CUDA, BOOST, WorldWind, GIS, C, C++, Java, Perl, and Python Programming
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance (i.e. U.S. Citizenship, Clean Background, etc.)