We are seeking 1st shift Mechanical Engineering Tech to support the production process in our Toner Operations Group at our Lawrenceville, GA manufacturing facility. Working closely with our engineering staff, the Engineering Tech will perform analysis and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment and improvement opportunities. The Engineering Tech will recommend possible modifications and implement approved recommendations.
- Model the “safety first” behaviors we expect of all employees by ensuring that operational procedures, equipment, and processes are designed to provide a safe work environment.
- Support all engineering projects
- Support production & maintenance downtime issues
- Implement equipment improvement activities
- Execute small projects
- Create 2D drawings for parts
- Machining parts
- Perform mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning mechanical equipment.
- Dismantle, adjust, repair, assemble and rebuild equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings. May perform routine maintenance of manufacturing and warehouse equipment according to manual.
- Assist in the training of new employees and aide employees with questions regarding work standards
Qualified candidates will possess
- At least 2 years of technical education
- At least 4 years of technical experience
- At least 2 years mechanical troubleshooting experience
- Experience with assembly line mechanical troubleshooting preferred
- Experience using lathe and milling machine for parts fabrication
- Ability to create 2D drawings for parts
- Knowledge of A/C inverters and frequency drives