SENIOR HARDWARE ENGINEER
Location: Torrance, CA
A fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced defense, homeland security, and energy solutions is seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer for its Integrated Systems Division. The successful candidate will design, develop, create and modify both analog and digital electronic hardware for avionics, surveillance and sensor systems.
Great pay and benefits with relocation assistance if needed.
- Development and documentation of detailed electronic hardware specifications derived from system specifications, and requirements of the user/customer.
- Execution of hardware development including planning, designing, implementation, and testing/benchmarking on on-going programs
- Development of analog and digital electronic hardware architecture and designs leveraging latest advances in commercial-off-the-shelf embedded hardware solutions and development of custom hardware boards where necessary.
- Execution of integration and testing and validation of hardware to documented hardware specifications.
- Resolution of system-level hardware and hardware-software integration issues with software engineers.
- Adherence to internal configuration management (CM) and quality assurance processes and documenting hardware development
- Providing technical write-ups related to electronics to support bids and proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, or a related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in development of electronic hardware for avionics, surveillance and/or sensor systems (hardware for sensor control, data processing, data concentration and data storage)
- Xilinx FPGA Design
- Microcontroller, DSP experience
- Hands-on experience in producing custom electronic hardware and electronics packaging applying knowledge of circuit design, schematics (e.g. ORCAD, PCAD, etc.)
- Knowledge of electronic packaging with thermal and mechanical considerations
- High speed data communications is a plus
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Experience in technical writing to produce hardware documentation
- An understanding of military and commercial hardware requirements, including safety and reliability.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability