A fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions is seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer for its Electro-Optics Division. The successful candidate should be eager to work in a very dynamic, fast-paced research and development setting with a number of Ph.D.-level engineers and scientists developing novel solutions for the DoD, DOE, NASA, and other federal agencies.
Our ideal candidate will perform hands-on end-to-end electronic design, assembly, integration, and test. The tasks will also include system architecture development, simulation, and trouble-shooting in accordance with project team objectives, requirements, and schedules. This is a “hands-on” engineering position; candidates with heavy supervisory experience need not apply. Candidates with experiences in system engineering, avionics, optics, and/or industrial design are encouraged to apply
- Hand-on end-to-end complex digital and analog electronics development.
- Component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, fabrication, verification and firmware development.
- Board-level technologies including miniature surface mount components, high-speed serial interfaces. Experience with rigid-flex, flex, or HDI PCBs a plus.
- Hardware design for implementing embedded systems, microcontroller, FPGA, prototyping, testing, validation, and troubleshooting
- Firmware: Design and development experience for embedded systems is a plus.
- 3+ years hand-on experience in development, integration, prototyping, and test of electronic or optoelectronic hardware and firmware for avionics, surveillance and/or sensor systems by following the system specifications and requirements
- Seamlessly transition between multiple design and testing assignments occurring simultaneously to ensure timely execution and delivery, coordinate collaborative efforts with multi-disciplinary project team members
- ECAD tools for schematics and PCB layout (Altium Designer preferred)
- FPGA tools (e.g., Xilinx ISE, Altium Quartus)
- Simulation and analytical tools; Avionics and MIL-STD such as MIL-SPEC-704, MIL-STD-461F, MIL-SPEC-810G is a plus
- Deriving, developing and documenting detailed electronics design, prototyping, testing, validation, and trouble-shooting to meet system specifications and user/customer requirements
- Track and perform to fast-paced program schedules to ensure timely execution and delivery
- Coordinate and communicate with supervisor and among the program team members
- Use of design CAD for schematics IDE/SDK for embedded systems using microcontrollers and FPGAs (e.g., Xilinx)
- Hand-on electronic assembly and integration to meet performance, environmental and human factors requirements; additional electronic software/hardware integration is a plus
- Use of test equipment such as power supplies, signal generators, mixed signal oscilloscope, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and control software including LabView
- Advanced degree (MS Preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Avionic Engineering, System Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and experience in technical writing to produce documentation
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
POC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.