*THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for software architecture, software design, development and testing for a wide variety of technological domains. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership for a team of software engineers to meet technology development goals and customer requirements.*
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE PREFERABLY WHO IS OR HAS WORKED AT GREEN HILLS SOFTWARE COMPANY
GREAT PAY - GREAT BENEFITS - FULL RELOCATION - BONUSES AND MORE!!
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative small business.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
- Will have opportunities to work collaboratively with team members for software design, development, testing and prepare documentation for variety of projects including short assignments dealing with technology feasibility demonstration to longer duration projects involving the development of complex systems to meet customer requirements.
- Work in accordance with established system development processes, procedures and help improve the current process.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Systems Engineering. Had portfolio of a wide variety of domain specific software design, development and testing experience.
- Proficient with programming languages such as C, C++, ADA (nice to have), software design tools and methodologies, software design patterns.
- Hands-on experience coding and debugging on embedded hardware platform.
- Experience with software configuration management tools.
- Hands-on experience in DO-178 for safety-critical software a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience with software engineering; providing sound technical performance and guidance on a variety of areas including software architecture, software design/development, testing, integration, test, and documentation.
- Preferred to have good verbal/writing communication skills
Before applying, please note:
This position requires a U.S. Citizenship, or at least a Green Card Holder and close to obtaining U.S. Citizenship.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $200,000.00 /year