A fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced defense and homeland security solutions is seeking a Hardware Engineer for its Applied Technologies Division. The successful candidate will design and develop electronic or mechanical hardware.
The successful candidate will accomplish the following:
You will perform hands-on end to end hardware development (planning, designing, implementation, and testing/benchmarking) on on-going programs and R&D projects.
As a self-starter, you will participate in the development of electronic or mechanical hardware architecture and designs leveraging latest technologies.
- Designing electronic or dynamic mechanical hardware for avionics or undersea platforms.
- Detailed mechanical design, drawings and/or analysis using Solidworks or Creo.
- Responsibilities will include electrical or mechanical design and development for a broad range of prototypes including electronic packaging with thermal, mechanical, and vibrational considerations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineer. Masters or PhD is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the development of electronic or mechanical hardware. Preference is in avionics or underwater sensor systems.
- Experience in (a) design and simulation tools such as ORCAD, PCAD, or(b) dynamic mechanical designs, kinematic analysis, etc.
- Experience in outsourcing layout, PCB fabrication, board population and other tasks requiring specialized vendor services is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and experience in technical writing to produce hardware documentation.