This full time position is based in Torrance, CA. Relocation assistance is available.
A fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions is seeking a FPGA Engineer for its Products & Engineering Division. The successful candidate will architect and code firmware for military radio frequency systems, sensor systems, avionics, control systems, and/or other innovative technological solutions.
*DOD Security clearance is required.
- Coding of software applications/firmware to be embedded in electronic hardware and execution of firmware-hardware and software-firmware integration.
- Development and documentation of detailed FPGA firmware specifications based on features, capabilities, and requirements of the user/customer.
- Execution of firmware development including planning, designing, implementation, and testing/benchmarking on on-going programs.
- Analysis and resolution of complex system-level software-firmware-hardware integration issues.
- Implementation and documentation of firmware testing and debugging process.
- Validation of firmware to meet documented performance/operational specifications and code optimization for computational efficiency.
- Providing technical write-ups related to software development on bids and proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in direct hands-on developing firmware for FPGAs/SoCs (preferable Xilinx FPGA Ultrascale families) within the past 7 years – preferred
- Experience coding in VHDL, C, C++, and other object oriented languages
- Experience with high-throughput firmware coding is a plus and signal integrity validation with Hyperlynx.
- Experience with companion chipset design to microprocessor and encryption
- Experience with HDL software tools such as Vivado, ISE, Quartus or Libero
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Efficiently multi-task and commit to working under deadlines.
- Experience in technical writing to produce software documentation.
DOD Security clearance is required.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.