SENSOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER - DEFENSE/AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Sensor Systems Engineer, working within the Applied Technologies Division, will play a critical role in providing technical oversight and leadership in the design, development, prototype, test, debug of a number EO/IR/Radar/Sensor Systems for various defense and aerospace applications.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- MS Degree or equivalent in Aerospace, Electrical, Computer, or other related technical engineering fields
- 3+ years experience in systems engineering and platform-level integration of flightworthy systems
- 5+ years relevant engineering experience in system level design for radar and sensor systems
- Strong experience in simulation, selection, modification, integration, and test of sensor systems including radars or EOIR systems (algorithm, software, or hardware)
- Experience in link/power analyses, establishing architecture, system design and requirement verification for sensors/systems
- Experience in system tradeoffs (e.g., range resolution, field-of-view, size, weight, power, cost, manufacturability) and component selections
- Experience in working with interface/control, embedded computing solutions, microprocessors, prototyping, testing, validation, and/or troubleshooting
- Must have experience in transitioning prototype hardware to a real-time embedded solution and be capable of estimating system performance.
- Experience with C, C++, Matlab, or other computer aided engineering tools
- Familiar with radar algorithms and machine/deep learning concepts
- Knowledge of aerospace environmental requirements compliance, test/qualification, and transition to manufacturing, a plus
- Knowledge of DOORS and or other requirements management tools, a plus
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with experience in technical writing
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance