A fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions is seeking a Firmware Engineer to design, develop, create, and modify airborne firmware and software for its Applied Technologies Division. The selected candidate will be a creative and energetic engineer comfortable with multidisciplinary teams on fast moving and complex projects. He/She will develop software for avionics, drones, robots, and other sensor and control systems.
- Develop and document detailed software specifications derived from system specifications, and customer requirements.
- Plan and implement software and/or firmware.
- Establish and report progress and quality metrics
- Integrate, validate and verify embedded systems, report and mitigate problems and document results.
- Resolve system-level hardware-software integration issues.
- Adhere to internal configuration management (CM) and quality assurance processes and formally document software and firmware development.
- Provide technical write-ups in support of bids and proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Avionic Engineering, System Engineering, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 5 years of experience in C or C++ software development.
- Python, RTOS, Linux, Windows, Rhapsody is a plus
- Hands-on experience with embedded systems and lab equipment (i.e. oscilloscope, bus analyzer, multi meter, etc.)