Electronics Assembler II
A Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions. We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Electronics Assembler II for our Products and Engineering Division. The successful candidate will have advanced electronics and mechanical manufacturing experience and will be proficient in soldering, mechanical assembly, and epoxy potting. The successful candidate will be responsible for assembly of advanced electro-mechanical products to AS9100 standards.
Location: Torrance, CA
- Solder electronic components
- Perform prototype assembly per drawings and specifications.
- Perform production assembly, testing, and inspection.
- Perform board level programming and testing using automated test fixtures.
- Maintain material inventory with proper paperwork and electronic records per established AS9100 procedures.
- Perform kitting of production projects.
- Work with Purchasing and Quality Assurance groups in ensuring timely and quality work product.
- Work with local suppliers and vendors both remotely and on-site to coordinate orders and validate workmanship and part conformance.
- Provide training in soldering best practices for other employees as required.
- 5-7 years in high-tech manufacturing/production environment
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly and testing, electrical harness production, ESD control, and handling optical components are a plus.
- Good soldering skills (SMT, through-hole, and harnessing).
- Good understanding of soldering work standards (IPC-A-610/J-STD-001).
- Understanding of inventory control in an electronics production environment.
- Must be capable of following assembly procedures and drawings to perform electro-mechanical system integration, as well as follow test procedures to perform functional testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Ability to commit and work under deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a challenging and engaging work environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, accountability, and professional development.
- Current IPC-A-610 or J-STD-001 certification is a plus
- Associate’s degree in Electronics with 3-5 years of experience or vocational training with 5-7 years of experience