Come join a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military defense and homeland security markets by designing, developing, manufacturing, and distributing novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Program Lead for the company’s Products and Engineering Department, which specializes in advanced integrated sensor systems for tactical and vehicle applications. The successful candidate will be a direct contributor to the planning and execution of new and on-going engineering development programs related to state-of-the-art sensor systems that will lead to the expansion of the company’s product portfolio.
The individual should have established technical development, organizational, and communication skills necessary to support and coordinate rapid and innovative R&D projects with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers. Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential to support regular communication with government customers as well as various internal support organizations. This role will have the opportunity for growth into management of product lines as key systems transition over to in-house production.
- Work with technical leaders to plan out and coordinate execution of strategic programs.
- Lead and contribute to key technical designs
- Track technical development and progress through direct interaction with engineering staff
- Coordinate primary aspects of customer communication, including status update meetings, technical reports and presentations, and technology demonstrations.
- Create and maintain project schedules and budgets throughout the project lifecycle to maintain alignment with contractual requirements and milestones.
- Coordinate proposal opportunities to capture new development programs that align with the department’s strategic growth path
- Track and forecast project financials and work with the Director in support of meeting the department’s financial objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years in a technical design role for rugged electro-mechanical systems
- 3+ years in a program management or engineering lead role in engineering or R&D environment.
- Experience with government and/or military contracts is a plus.
- Ability to understand technical concepts across a range of fields (mechanical, electrical, and production) in order to identify and mitigate programmatic risks.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills that suit the role of a facilitator of programmatic and technical activities.
- Ability to coordinate and finalize high-quality technical writing and presentation slides with little or no supervision
- Strong organizational skills to maintain a clear schedule picture of multiple projects simultaneously and to carefully track detailed contract requirements.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance