SENIOR HARDWARE ENGINEER - DEFENSE/AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Senior Hardware Engineer, reporting directly to the Corporate VP will be responsible for providing technical leadership and ensuring the technical integrity of corporate strategic programs. This includes all aspects of the program and support to ensure that all requirements are defined and met. NOTE: This position can be filled as a Senior Hardware Engineer and/or a Principal Hardware Engineer.
- Support the strategic and tactical direction for strategic programs, including architecture, design, implementation, and full hardware/ software development life cycle.
- Support timely execution and successful delivery of new programs.
- Support development and communication of technical documentation.
- Provide and support technical liaison between engineering, and other non-engineering functional groups.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in a related technical field of study
- 5+ years of hardware and systems engineering experience
- High integrity with mature management and organizational skills who consistently builds effective relationships. Possess an open, honest and collaborative style.
- Experience leading organizations through change and embracing new ways of working while delivering outstanding business results
- Candidate will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance