Systems Engineer (Avionics Safety) - Defense/Aerospace Industry
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Systems Safety Engineering will play a critical role in acting as the safety subject matter expert for military avionics processor systems, radio frequency sensor systems, control systems, and other innovative technological solutions.
- Responsible for being SME and Safety Engineer for avionics and other embedded product lines
- Responsible for responsibilities of Avionics Systems Engineer
- Responsible for performing safety analyses, including PSSA/SSA, FHA, FMECA, FTA, etc., using these analyses to influence the architectures and designs of the systems under consideration
- Review the engineering team’s outputs (i.e. requirements, procedures, ECO’s etc.) with a critical eye toward safety impacts
- Become the company’s focal for safety-critical designs
- Support the Lead Systems Engineer with requirements management and verification
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or another engineering related field - Master’s Degree, preferred.
- 3+ years of recent experience in safety-critical designs in a following field, or similar: Space, Nuclear, Class 3 Medical Device, and/or Commercial Aviation
- Expertise with DO-178 and DO-254 and successful FAA STC or TSO certification
- Experience with ARP4761 and ARP4754 Safety Assessments for hardware or software
- Experience with ITEM Software
- Efficient ability to multi-task and commit to working under deadlines.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance (i.e. U.S. Citizenship, Clean Background, etc.)