Sensor Software Engineer - Defense/Aerospace Industry
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
We are seeking a motivated Sensor Software Engineer to join the Applied Technologies Division. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing software for avionics and/or sensor systems for aerospace applications. He/she must have experience in leveraging current technological advances in algorithms and software, and be familiar with newer areas such as machine learning or deep learning methods. Must have experience in transitioning software from prototype hardware to real-time system and be capable of estimating software performance.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelors/Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- 2+ years related defense, aerospace, and/or avionics industry experience
- Experience with application layer software development in C and C++
- Experience with Python and Node.js
- Experience with programming on real-time embedded system
- Experience transitioning prototype algorithms from bench top setups to embedded systems
- Experience supporting software and hardware integration
- Experience with Matlab and Labview
- Strong software development experience in the following languages: C, C++, and/or ADA
- Knowledge of code development under the following operating systems: Linux, Windows, Integrity, and/or VxWorks
- Familiarity with algorithms such as machine/deep learning projects simultaneously
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance (i.e. U.S. Citizenship, Clean Background, etc.)