Embedded Software Engineer - Defense/Aerospace Industry
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Working within a fast-growing Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions, we are looking for a professional Embedded Software Engineer to execute complete embedded software development lifecycle for an aerospace product.
- Designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging embedded software (application and driver).
- Designing and developing multi-threaded, multi process software for embedded Linux OS.
- Interface with Customer Interface Specifications.
- Access third party, open source and legacy software
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 4+ years experience developing application and driver software for embedded systems
- Knowledge of multi thread programming, socket-level TCP/IP communications
- Hands on experience in DO-178 and Arinc-653 for safety-critical avionics real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of various operating systems (Linux, Windriver, VxWorks, and Green Hills Integrity
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance (i.e. U.S. Citizenship, Clean Background, etc.)