MBSE SYSTEMS ENGINEER - DEFENSE/AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
- Founded in 1985 our client has developed a unique business model of achieving both research and technology advancements, and transitioning them into commercial and defense products.
- HQ’d in Torrance, CA with 5 buildings that occupy over 100,000 square feet; housing some of the most highly advanced and unique research laboratories, as well as engineering, prototyping, development, testing, and production facilities.
- Delivered $300+ million in products to clients in various defense and commercial industries.
- Employs around 300 people, including many PhD level scientists and engineers.
- Highly innovative, small business, women-owned company.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Employer contributed comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage at competitive rates and lower premiums.
- Employer contributed 401k savings plan
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 1 week of vacation time upon hire, 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays
- Company sponsored lunch and learns, team building activities, and onsite yoga classes
- Excellent work/life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Working within the elite Mission Systems Division, this opportunity is perfect for someone with a proven technical track record of hands-on experience using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches in aerospace and electronics products. Working with a dynamic team of engineers and scientists you will be have the opportunity to provide MBSE/SysML expertise and support to the entire engineering team, design and develop embedded software, and produce system documentation, and participate in the creation of certification packages. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to make key contributions in conceptualizing and capturing new product development opportunities, with a potential for increased recognition and professional growth within the organization.
- Torrance, CA is ranked in the Top 25 of “Best Suburban Cities to live in Los Angeles County” (based on factors including: crime/safety, housing, diversity, nightlife/recreation, school system, and the ability to raise a family)
- Located near the Los Angeles County and Orange County border opens up an endless possibility of fun recreational activities without the hassle of a tourist community.
- BS in Electrical, Systems, Software, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years experience with Model Based Systems Engineering for defense/aerospace industry
- Experience with UML/SysML and Model Based Engineering approaches/methods/techniques
- Experience with the following tools: Rhapsody, MagicDraw, and Enterprise Architect
- Strong understanding of full lifecycle development methodology skills (Agile, Scrum, DevOps, etc)
- Familiarity with product lifecycle, trade studies, requirements, and interface definitions
- Technical thought leadership and engineering management experience
- U.S. Citizenship with an ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance